Reese is sleeping on top of her “giggle head” toy that makes loud giggles every time you touch it. I’m just waiting for her to roll back over it and wake up screaming from an obnoxious giggle head giggle.
Don’t tell other Mom’s that I let my baby sleep with toys. I think it’s illegal, or something like that.
As Reese comes becomes her own little person more and more every day, I have been reflecting on how I have also changed.
1. I look forward to bath time. Where we (Reese and myself) strip down and wade in the lukewarm tub filled with duckies, bubbles, and pitchers.
2. I carry a wet rag with me everywhere I go. For spills, spit up, poop leaks, pee, throw up, drool, and baby food.
3. I appreciate silence and free time more than I ever have before.
4. I don’t know what to do with my hands when I don’t have Reese. I am known for stealing my friends babies.
5. I have my “bed to out the door” routine down to 5 minutes. Dry-shampoo, concealer, powder, perfume, deodorant, mascara, chapstick…booom shakalaka. fabulous. (For some reason I always feel better when I have less time to get ready. If I have too much time I end up over doing it and feeling extremely uncomfortable).
6. I thought I was an excellent multi-tasker pre-baby, o no no no…now I’m thinking about entering a competition. On the phone, feeding the babe, wiping the counter, switching the laundry, watching the news, blogging…pro.
7. Family means more to me than ever before. Because I can be real with them and they are always there. It’s such a beautiful thing that I may have taken for granted in the past.
8. I check the baby section at Target instead of the Women’s shoe section.
9. I’m more comfortable with myself than I have ever been before. I am able to embrace life’s joys and trials with more presence and more confidence. Not quite sure why on this one.
10. I notice flowers, and take time to stop and smell them…one of Reese’s favorite things to do.
11. I laugh more, smile more, and don’t take life as seriously. I think my heart has grown a bit bigger too ; )
It’s incredible how much having a little one changes you, all for the better. They are powerful little bundles of love!
Have a beautiful Thursday and don’t forget to giggle 🙂